Mayhem Mania 2019: Round 2
This. is. Mayhem Mania!
Not quite a game. Not really a contest. More like a competitive thought experiment. The object is to create the best WrestleMania card possible – NOT necessarily to predict what WWE will do.
This is not fantasy booking. It’s more like reality booking. Any match created must have at least a chance of happening in this year’s WrestleMania. That means all wrestlers come in their current physical, emotional and contractual state. Anyone selected for a match must have a reasonable chance of being hired by WWE to appear on the real-life WrestleMania card.
Simply put, you’re Vince McMahon with infinite cash and no self-control.
For those of you who are just joining us, here’s where you can catch up on Mayhem Mania 2019: Opening Round – Round 1
Round 2 of Mayhem Mania 2019 was held during the Wrestling Mayhem Show on Tuesday, February 5. 5 people were invited to each make a single change to our existing card of 8 matches. Here’s how it went down. (more…)
Six Times When Mayhem Mania Got Real
Can you believe we’re about to enjoy the fifth year of Mayhem Mania? Our little competitive thought experiment started out as just an idea. Over the years, it’s grown into a tradition on the Wrestling Mayhem Show. There have been a lot of matches created over the years – some more plausible than others. Among them are a select few that later happened in real life. Here are six of the most notable. To be clear, we’re only looking at matches that graduated to a Mayhem Mania SUPERCARD. (more…)
Wrestling Mayhem Show 624: You Can’t Always Have A Clean Finish
This week’s episode brought to you by Slice on Broadway, Occupy Pro Wrestling, and Indy Wrestling US!
The Heir Apparent, Chris LeRusso, is back in studio this week – with some Tag Team bling on his shoulder. He is joined by Sorg, Larry, Mad Mike, and Bobby as they talk this week’s wrestling news:
- Sorg has been enjoying the Bugs Bunny cartoon that is Kevin Owens and Braun Strowman on RAW.
- Chris LeRusso is sharing some thoughts on bad finishes – especially when the match is pretty hot (until the end).
- When you’re doing your job so well that they have to dial it back?
- Chris LeRusso is comparing a great wrestling match to great sex.
- Bobby is ruining hypothetical sex on the show.
- Mad Mike is sharing some thoughts on Bayley having to go to counseling.
- Did you guys see (all of) Charlotte Flair this week?
- Thanks to our friend Daniel Tiger for hitting us up with some Mayhem Voicemail! His question – Which feud would you like to see go on forever?
- We’re learning about that time Joe Dombrowski had a fireball in a back seat of a car.
- We’re getting some insight into Chris LeRusso’s character development.
- Ring of Honor WAS going to do a show at MSG.
- Blackcraft’s Burning Bridges show in Pittsburgh has officially sold out.
- Joey Janela is getting lost in New York.
- What did YOU learn in wrestling this week?
Remember that poster we were giving away? We took our list of Patreon supporters, booted up WWE 2K16, and let the bots settle it out. Congratulations to Bradley for winning the Skyscraper poster! Want to catch the Patreon bot fight we used to determine the winner? See it here.
Want a chance to win a Blockers poster? Become our patreon for a chance to win! (Even if it’s for $1.)
Wrestling Mayhem Show 556: Very Violent Care Bear
We’ve got RWA ring announcer, Burt LeGrande, on for Wrestling Mayhem Show 556. He is joined by Rob, Larry, Matt, Sorg, and Mad Mike, as we talk what’s happening in the world of wrestling this week!
- We’re sharing some thoughts on the Royal Rumble – including a Mayhem Voicemail from Mad Mike!
- We’re making bets with foreign currency. Because we can.
- Mad Mike and Burt LeGrande are sharing conspiracy theories about Royal Rumble numbering.
- Larry’s beef with the Royal Rumble was Ellsworth not eliminating Braun Strowman!
- Sorg couldn’t tell between Royal Rumble pre-show and actual show because pre-show matches were that good.
- Matt is calling for WWE to use marathon bibs for Royal Rumble entrants in the future.
- We’re sharing our thoughts on Bayley vs Charlotte at Royal Rumble.
- The many characters of John Cena is a thing we’re discussing on tonight’s show!
- We’re sharing our thoughts on NXT Takeover San Antonio.
- It was a strong sign game atthe Royal Rumble.
- Mike figured out how to move like Nakamura. (Hint: it involves copious amounts of alcohol!)
- Thanks to Brandon for sharing the Universal Champion belt redesign news.
- New Day needs to win Money In The Bank – we need to see it with a great faction!
- Fandango and Tyler Breeze as Reno 911 members is the best! #FashionPolice
- Shout out to Friend Of The Show Delilah Doom on her appearance on Smackdown LIVE.
- This week’s Big Question: What one wrestler you would have and what weird MTV-style gimmick they would they have for a show?
- From Matt – He would go with RJ City as a pregnant 16-year-old.
- It’s Mayhem Mania time with Matt!
- What did YOU learn in wrestling this week?
Follow our stable on Twitter: Burt LeGrande (), Rob Brown (), Mutilator Larry (), Matt Carlins (@MainstreamMat), Mike Sorg (@sorgatron), and Mike Rohrssen (@MadMike4883).
If you are in Pittsburgh, you got to go to Slice on Broadway (@Pgh_Slice)and get their food! (sliceonbroadway.com)
You can support the show at Patreon.com/wrestlingmayhemshow!
Go to wrestlingmayhemshow.com for more entertainment!
Remember to LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook for updates and video!