Former WWE superstar and current professional wrestler Zach Gowen joined us on the Wrestling Mayhem Show to share some of his amazing story!
- Gowen, who lost his leg at a young age from cancer, fought his way to become a major star in the WWE.
- During our conversation, Gowen discussed his life post WWE; how he lost his identity and went down a dark path and how he found his way back, got clean and found meaning in life.
- Gowen also talked about a possible new era for professional wrestlers; as some are now bucking the trend and beating some of the addictions that plagued and eventually killed many before them.
- Viewers of the show then asked Gowen questions like: what his favorite match was and who his favorite opponents were.
- These questions lead to Gowen discussing the viciousness of professional wrestling when he started, to what it is now.
- Gowen then talked about his interesting relationship with fellow professional wrestler Gregory Iron. Iron, a professional wrestler with cerebral palsy; used Gowen as inspiration to become a professional wrestler and clean up his own life.
- Check out this edition of The Wrestling Mayhem Show here and Follow Gowen on Twitter @zachgowen to find out more about his future engagements!
- Eamon and Mike Sorg then discussed some of the independent shows coming up around WrestleMania. Like:
- The annual pre-Wrestlemania ROH show.
- The “Meet Me There” movie premier starring Dustin Rhodes and several independent wrestling stars!
- SHIMMER Volume 62 on Saturday 04/05/14.
- The WrestleCon event!
Eamon and Mike Sorg also discussed:
Facade and our thoughts on him.
The Indy Mayhem Challenge: Anthony Nese!
Make sure to follow @zachgowen, @sorgatron and @eamon2please; as well as checking out our Website wrestlingmayhemshow.com.