We’ve got a special treat this week as we’re joined by Wrestle Zone’s Ross Berman! He is joined by our in-studio guest Jaye Cooper, as well as our usual group of wrestling fans with Sorg, Larry, and Bobby. This week’s topics include:
Ross has been covering the Colt Cabana and CM Punk trial. We’ve got him on the podcast to share a little bit of what he’s been seeing.
Podcasters and interviewers alike have been in the crosshairs awaiting the turnout of the Colt Cabana and CM Punk trial.
Podcasts, in general, are entertainment – when someone frames it as fact-checked journalism, it can cause harm.
A wrestling journalist having to switch gears to trial coverage?
Covering New Japan is what prepared Ross for the Colt Cabana and CM Punk trial coverage.
Ross covers New Japan, which brings us to Larry CANCELLING his WWE Network app!
New Japan has been doing a bit lately – including some title changes and some reach to American and European audiences.
Money in the Bank is just around the corner – as in THIS WEEKEND. We’re sharing some thoughts and speculations.
AJ Styles v Nakamura for Money in the Bank? WWE is doing the same stuff we’d be seeing in New Japan!
Has anyone checked to see if Brock Lesnar is still alive? We haven’t seen him in a couple months.
We’re making some Money in the Bank predictions.
The sons of IRS are facing each other, and we’re pretty excited about it.
This week’s big question: If you had the ability to give a Money in the Bank briefcase to ANYONE in wrestling, who would it be?
NXT Takeover is ALSO this weekend. We’re sharing some thoughts and predictions.
OH: Lars Sullivan is great! I want to see him win the title at a house show!
Lars Sullivan is what Snitsky should have been.
What did YOU learn in wrestling this week?BONUS: Recommendation from our guest, Ross Berman: Check out David Starr v Mike Quackenbush if you get a chance.
Remember that poster we were giving away? We took our list of Patreon supporters, booted up WWE 2K16, and let the bots settle it out. Congratulations to Bradley for winning the Skyscraper poster! Want to catch the Patreon bot fight we used to determine the winner? See it here.
Want a chance to win a Blockers poster? Become our patreon for a chance to win! (Even if it’s for $1.)
Thanks to Basick Sickness (@basicksickness) for the awesome intro for the show.
Remember to LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook for updates and video.
Wrestling Mayhem Show 552: WWE White House
We’ve got a full house for Wrestling Mayhem Show 552! It’s the start of 2017, and we’re doing our first show in the recently renovated studio! And, it’s a full house with BC Steele, Sorg, Mutilator Larry, Mad Mike, and Rizz!
– We’re celebrating 11 years of wrestling and podcasting!
– And, we’re celebrating the return of Mad Mike. We’ve also got that BC Steele guy in studio.
– We’re also looking into logistics of transporting large items – as in The Great Khali large….
– Sorg is excited about Wrestle Kingdom – and is sharing some thoughts about future WWE opportunities.
– AwesomeCast cross-over: Google will translate webpages so you know what you’re doing to get Wrestle Kingdom.
– There’s a Bullet Club B-Team?!?!
– Only on Rizz Plays Games will The Great Khali win the Royal Rumble every year.
– We’re talking about Wildcard Finals beating RAW for ratings.
– Angry Dolph Ziggler and Angry Old Man Cena are Sorg’s favorites at the moment.
– Okay Mayhem Nation – We’re in search of R-Truth music videos. Send us some of your favorites!
– Larry is weighing in on 205 Live – he thinks it may be his favorite WWE brand yet!
– Sorg is sharing his thoughts about posting Super Indy as a Benny Hill video? Hmmmm…
– It’s time for the Big Question: If you had multiple gimmicks and could switch the timeline, what would they be? (We’re currently discussing Stunning Steve Austin and Stone Cold Steve Austin character swaps…)
– We’re discussing WWE and Vince McMahon’s trip to the White House and spinning off other celebs as President.
– What did you learn from wrestling this week?
This week Sorg, Chachi,Lunchbox and Wrestlefan and Rizz are joined by Facade and Logan Shulo as they talk about Indy Wrestling, Remember Injuries changing story lines in Wrestling, National ProWrestling Day, CM Punk’s injury, WWE13’s Glitches, TLC Matches, Antonio Cessaro and so much more!
You can get this episode here on Talkshoe, Blip.tv, subscribe to the audio or video versions on iTunes, look us up on Youtube, Roku, or Boxee, and as always, stay tuned to www.wrestlingmayhemshow.com for the latest! The Wrestling Mayhem Show is recorded live and can be heard/viewed from 8:30 PM to 10 PM Eastern on live.sorgatronmedia.com. Let us know what you think of the show, and your thoughts on the wrestling world by emailing us at [email protected]!
WMS Gold Bonus Content: White boards, shame, and discussions