Our Favorite Matches Of The Pandemic Era
July 2021 is a big month for professional wrestling. WWE and AEW are returning to live touring. Impact Wrestling and Ring Of Honor are welcoming back live fans for the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Somehow, professional wrestling survived more than a year of uncertainty, lockdowns and empty arenas.
The Wrestling Mayhem Show wanted to celebrate the wrestlers and the other creative minds who helped us get through the past year and a half. Here are some favorite matches of our hosts, guests and listeners from the “Pandemic Era” – the period of time that began in the middle of March 2020 and stretched into July 2021.
Wrestling Mayhem Show 647: Ronda The Red-Belt Champion
This week’s episode brought to you by Indy Wrestling US, Slice on Broadway, Occupy Pro Wrestling, and IndyWrestling Network!
It’s that time of year when we reminisce on what has happened throughout the course of wrestling. Mad Mike, Sorg, and Larry take a trip through old show notes to pull up last year’s predictions, and we make some bold predictions heading into 2019:
- It’s the end of the year, which means we’re running through last year’s WWE predictions.
- Mad Mike is rewriting Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for the RAW women’s match.
- We’re running through our 2018 predictions for our show!
- This week’s Big Question: What gift would you like Wrestling Santa to bring you?
- Sorg checked out Rockstar Pro for their live stream with IMPACT at Ohio vs Everyone. He shares some thoughts about the show.
- What did YOU learn in wrestling this year?
Speaking of predictions, here’s what we expect for the big wrestling shows in 2019:
- Brock Lesnar will be UFC and WWE champion.
- Pentagon will be NXT Champion.
- Sometime during 2019 we will see the match between David Arquette and Steven Amell.
- WWE will not go back to the Middle East, but will do a supershow in another country.
- The Elite (All In) promotion will not have television, but will still be an ROH competitor by the end of 2019.
- The Elite (All In) promotion will be part of the WWE Network.
- Ronda Rousey will not be with WWE throughout 2019.
- The Elite (All In) promotion is BS and they will be part of WWE.
Our Mayhem Show predictions for 2019:
- Larry: Mad Mike will visit the studio in 2019.
- There will be more IMPACT discussion in 2019.
- Mad Mike will be unblocked by IMPACT’s main account.
- Mad Mike will make one of Sorg’s business relationships awkward in 2019.
- He will do something to get himself reblocked by IMPACT in 2019.
- Sorg will have to ask a luchador a question in Spanish during 2019.
- Tina: WMS will do a live show from the west coast.
- Carlins: Larry will earn himself a lifetime ban from Mayhem Mania.
- Ty Cross: He will visit the studio in 2019.
- Bobby: A puppet will interview a wrestler for a WMS show.
- Alex Miller: The Sorg will get hit in the nuts.
Follow our stable on Twitter: Larry (@MutilatorLarry), Mad Mike (@MadMike4883), and Sorg (@Sorgatron).
Wrestling Mayhem Show 623: Midweek Infinity War
This week’s episode brought to you by Slice on Broadway, Occupy Pro Wrestling, and Indy Wrestling US!
Todd DeFazio of Idiot Radio returns to the show this week. He is joined by Mad Mike, Mainstream Matt, Larry, and Sorg, as they’re on the heels of Money in the Bank. This week’s topics include:
- Reading Rainbow meets Wrestling with Nino Wrestles the World.
- Sorg may be cashing in MITB on Idiot Radio’s belt.
- NXT Takeover was this past weekend – a/k/a I’m sorry Sunday night show.
- Matt likes NXT because it has a happy ending.
- It was nice to see Daniel Eads make a cameo appearance (and get his butt kicked a little) on NXT Takeover.
- NXT is like the Bachelor / Bachelorette party to the WWE marriage.
- Big Cass and WWE are going their separate ways?
- James Ellsworth returned – the highlight of MITB!
- So….Rhonda Rousey, guys.
- WWE is the equivalent of wrestling Walmart.
- How do you know if you’re in an abusive relationship with wrestling? Asking for a friend.
- When it Reigns it bores! (Thanks for that one Idiot Radio!)
- Sorg is thinking that this year’s MITB (men’s match) was solid. It pretty much had everyone expected to be in it, and it wasn’t obvious who was going to win it.
- Sorg is pitching Rhonda Rousey as the Andre the Giant of the current women’s division.
- In a time long, long away – in a galaxy far, far away, the UK Tournament is happening in some capacity.
- Also – We’re getting a NXT UK! Woooo!
- The New Day took on The Elite for a Street Fighter battle at E3. It was as amazing as we could have ever hoped!
- If anything happens to Xavier Woods in WWE, he’s got a solid background to be a videogamer.
- Sorg just did some math. There is 14 hours of new wrestling content – in the US – each week.
- To clarify, we’re talking Bubba the Bulldog, not Bubba the Love Sponge as an inspiration for Todd.
- This week’s Big Question: Along the lines of F***/Marry/Kill – If you could hire someone to WWE, fire someone from WWE, and return a WWE alum, who would your picks be?
- Rusev Day happened to fall on Rey Mysterio Day!
- We saw the obituary for El Jefe, and we’re talking some Lucha Underground observations.
- In Lucha Underground we trust!
- What did YOU learn in wrestling this week?
- Billed from the back of the Hot Topic, it’s Aleister Black.
- When you realize of the Enzo / Cass/ Carmella trio that Carmella is the one who’s left behind – with Gold. *Mind Blown*
Remember that poster we were giving away? We took our list of Patreon supporters, booted up WWE 2K16, and let the bots settle it out. Congratulations to Bradley for winning the Skyscraper poster! Want to catch the Patreon bot fight we used to determine the winner? See it here.
Want a chance to win a Blockers poster? Become our patreon for a chance to win! (Even if it’s for $1.)