Greetings Mayhemmers, since I’m the guy who watches TNA the most as the main hosts on this show, but we never seem to talk about it (mainly because it sucks) I decided to at least use my journalistic integrity and live blog about it each week. This will be written live as I watch Impact, so enjoy!
Segment 1: Recrap, Roode segment
- As much as I like Roode, he’s really getting oversaturated at this point
- This bothers me, because Sting could have counted two other pinfalls as “the enforcer” at the PPV when the ref was down
- Wow TNA is actually introducing people AS their Twitter Handles now….that’s just wrong
- ANOTHER title match for Jeff Hardy? Wow is that getting old
Segment 2: Match 1: Roode Vs. Hardy
- Jesus I just realized it says “one more shot” in Hardy’s song…can he possibly suck more?
- So considering there are no DQs and no tiem limit, does that mean Roode can still get counted out? Yeah…thought so.
- Jeff looks like he got race raped by a Peep
- Brian Hebner is an official for not instituting the count
- Drink every time you hear Tazz or Tenay say “Brandon Jacobs”
- Emo kid Sting is there and I want to punch him in the neck
- Carly not being at this Impact makes me sad
Segment 3: Match cont.
- This match is fine, if it is barely taking place in the ring, where you know the finish has to be
- Jesus Kurt is back…who the fuck cares?
Segment 4: Roode interview, EY segment
- Roode didn’t cheat the system this time, unless he was the one that called Angle to interfere
- It was Sting that made it a no DQ match
- Eric running down his daily activities is more entertaining than most of the rest of the show
Segment 5: Update on Sorenson, Match 2: Shiima/Aries Vs. Shelley/Moore, Gail/Maddy segment
- I really hope he’s going to be ok
- TNA needs to stop doing the full body shot of Christy Hemme
- The interaction with Shiima and Aries is so great
- Shiima defends his hair spray like a man
- Awesome finish, nice to see Shiima getting a push
- I love this Madison character she has had, it’s really a shame they’re not gonna give her the belt from this
Segment 6: Match 3: Knockouts Battle Royal
- Do we really need to see this many entrances?
- Labia count: 1
- Rock Out with your Knockout is so much better than the pigeon thing VelVel
- So Cal Val sighting!
- It is nice to see the Knockouts will take the over the top rope bump
- Wow, eliminations are fast as hell in this
- Labia count: 2
- Remember the really great feud Velvet and Sarita had? Yeah no one else does either
- If any one the Knockouts that were in the ring had a chance, then isn’t Christy Hemme still technically in the match?
Segment 7: Joe/Magnus segment, Bischoff segment, Bully segment
- I wonder who will be the defacto new team after Red and Blue lose next week
- WTF is Chelsea doing there?
- Immortal is looking fucking pathetic…why is this still a thing?
- God the people right behind Bischoff’s head look like the most bored people in the world
- Wow, they just wanted to use the “Future Endeavored” line didn’t they?
Segment 8: EY/ODB segment, Match 4: Bully Vs. Storm
- EY needs to write the songs for everyone in TNA
- It’s always weird seeing when a wrest;er’s boot is removed
- You know, if you’re going to remove someone’s boot who uses a superkick, wouldn’t you remove the boot they kick with?
Segment 9: Match cont
- Wow, all that punishment and Bully jobbed to three moves…a little upsetting
- This is the only time you’ll see a Cowboy and a Giant celebrating together
- I’m sure that little boy loved being showered by beer
- Jacobs could have at least taken his phone off
- Jacobs screaming “You ain’t from New York!!”
- Brandon Jacobs’ place of birth: Houma, Louisiana
- Bully Ray’s place of birth: Queens, New York
- Trivia is fun isn’t it?
Segment 10: Stay Tuned for Reaction!!, Sting segment
- I read that initially Jacobs was involved in attacking Kurt Angle, I’d have rather seen that
- Jacobs shouldn’t really ever talk
- Why haven’t they incorporated the “if you get yourself DQed, counted out, you lose the title” dealie yet?
- Wait…we’re talking about Lockdown already? There’s no PPV in March?
- Um…ok, so there’s Victory Road in March, does that mean we’re getting two months of Storm Vs Roode build? That’s awful
- Wow…that was an awkward ending
Logic: 3.5 Russos out of 5
Wrestling: 5 Russos out of 5
Overall: 8.5 Russos out of 10