Mad Mike Reviews TNA: The Four Open Fights
Greetings Mayhemmers, since I’m the guy who watches TNA the most as the main hosts on this show, but we never seem to talk about it (mainly because it sucks) I decided to at least use my journalistic integrity and live blog about it each week. This will be written live as I watch Impact, so enjoy!
Segment 1: Recrap, Roode segment
- STOP OPENING IMPACT WITH ROBERT ROODE
- Generally people who have “the longest title reigns” should have lost it at least three times, look at Triple H and Cena
- The camera guy really looks for chicks with exposed cleavage don’t they?
- Okay, I just checked the numbers, and as accurate as Wikipedia can be, it seems Roode is right
- Unless of course you discount that Jeff Jarrett was champion in TNA for almost a whole year
- I have a suggestion! How about the X-Division Championship??? We haven’t seen it in three months
- So wait, since anyone can beat anyone….and all these people have challenged Roode should get to fight him.
- Jeff looks like a retarded Kermit
- I don’t see why Roode is so upset, none of these matches involve him
- Bully Ray should win this, but he won’t
Segment 2: Match 1: Bully Ray Vs. RVD
- Yay, a new redhead in the front! Not nearly as ghhot as Carly though
- I wish Hogan would automatically eliminate anyone Roode has already beaten in a single’s title match, that’d make this more interesting
- They really shouldn’t call GutCheck the same thing on the road and on Impact, it’s confusing
- If that big surprise is Brooke Hogan, that’s going to shit the bed louder than Homicide not getting out of the TERRORDOME
- A self 3D? Finally he’s using something that has been in video games since Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64
Segment 3: Bully segment, King Mo segment, Gail and Maddy segment
- It’ll be interesting to see how Abyss explains that he came back
- I really don’t care about King Mo
- So…this is just repeating the interview from that show after Impact? Wow.
- Maddy you already look great for me, you don’t have to fix your hair
Segment 4: Match 2: Cluster Battle Royal
- Oh wow, the UNBEATEN Crimson is in there, I hope he doesn’t lose
- Wow, Crimson already lost, yup he LOST
- Ok so Maddy’s real crush is someone in this match, it better not be Devon
- Oh no, please don’t tell me it’s Garrrrettttt
- You know, for a bouncer, Robbie T can’t really throw anyone out of anything
Segment 5: Battle Royal continued
- God out of all the people left in the ring, the only one I want to see win is Aries
- See this with AJ and Aries? Why can’t these guys be feuding for the championship?
- If TNA wants to copy something from WWE it should be the fact that WWE has two Indy darlings at the top of the game
- Give Aries the belt and have him feud with AJ or Joe or Daniels
- Ordinarily I’d be okay with AJ winning, but because of this Daniels/Kaz/Dixie bullshit, I don’t care
Segment 6: AJ segment, Joe/Angle segment, Anderson segment
- I’m sorry that picture still looks like they’re hugging
- And shouldn’t Dixie be saying something about this?
- Also hasn’t Flair been touting that he banged Dixie? Is this a rehash of AJ wanting to be Flair?
- Why is a tag team feuding with a single guy? Seriously.
- Um….they’re getting into an elevator, really?
- I still don’t understand the whole point of this
- “Remember the headbutt?” Yeah, that was really the only memorable part about this feud
- This is the first we’re hearing of the controversial finish, nice to see that
Segment 7: Match 3: Anderson Vs. Hardy
- You know how the catchphrase of WWE is “Anything can happen in the WWE” TNA always says “we have great things planned”
- Stop telling people you have plans, seriously, just let things happen…we know it’s scripted, stop reminding us of it
- Wow, a movie about manscaping? That sounds as entertaining as watching Jeff paint
- Someone really should be hitting him while he walks to the ring with his eyes closed
- That was a nice counter to the through the ropes dropkick
- Taz, I doubt Jeff knows where he is 83% of the time regardless
- God if I was changing my timeslot, I’d have it plastered everywhere, not just in faded letters occasionally in the corner of the screen
- That was an excellent series of reversals for the finish
Segment 8: Match 4: Hooters Vs. Velvet Vs. Gail
- That is a very nice ring jacket for Hooters
- See here’s what I don’t get, why don’t Velvet and Hooters just try to pin each other so that Gail loses
- If Taz starts calling it a “tight package” during Knockouts matches, I quit
- Awesome roll up by Velvet during that Octopuse stretch, very nice
- “Gail Kim is a ninja” sign…is that racist?
- The two main champions Gail and Roode have both held their belts for too long, I know we like long title reigns…but when you are going through your division more than once, it’s time to drop the strap
Segment 9: Match 5: Angle vs. Joe
- Wow an image of Mickie James, where the fuck has she been?
- Ok…hopefully this will be a good match
- You’d think they mention the altercation that took place earlier, but no…since it was shot afterwards
Segment 10: Match cont.
- Oh good…more Roode
- That was a really great match, and it was nice to see there were no run-ins tonight
Logic: 2.5 Laganas out of 5
Wrestling: 5 Laganas out of 5
Overall: 7.5 Laganas out of 5
Leave a Reply