Greetings Mayhemmers, since I’m the guy who watches TNA the most as the main hosts on this show, but we never seem to talk about it (mainly because it sucks) I decided to at least use my journalistic integrity and live blog about it each week. This will be written live as I watch Impact, so enjoy!
Also as a bonus, AJ was also watching Impact this week so I shall chime in with his thoughts as well, via his twitter feed @ajinpgh.
AJ: You know what happens when I don’t have female supervision? I end up watching TNA. This is why I can’t be single.
And yet this probably explains why I AM single…on with the show!!
Segment 1: Recrap, Roode segment, Red and Blue backstage, Match 1: Red and Blue Vs. Joe/Magnus
- As much as I love Roode, TNA needs a different way to open the show
- AJ: Who’s holding the boo/cheer/chant signs in the Impact Zone?
- I honestly don’t blame Sting for tweeting “I’m done.” I’ve wanted to tweet that for months
- It’s funny that this crowd gets an insight into future tweets, since this was filmed like 3 weeks ago
- Oh wow a Morgan/Crimson feud…just what no one wanted
- AJ: Christy Hemme needs to work on her pronunciation. I thought Magnus’ name was Madness.
- Joe and Magnus’ title win would have been much more impressive if they won on their first try
- I would have really preferred if this was Crimson and Amazing Red as a team
Segment 2: Match cont.
- AJ: The announcer for TNA’s store sounds like he’s gargling marbles.
- I never want to hear Taz talking about flesh pounding on flesh
- That was the best of the match these teams have had…but what other teams are there now?
Segment 3: Brandon Jacobs segment
- AJ: That Direct Auto Insurance commercial was funnier when it was Terry Tate Office Linebacker/Reebok
- Without the Giants shirt, no one knows who Jacobs is
- AJ: Brandon Jacobs shouldn’t be allowed to talk on a microphone. This is worse than Diva promos.
- AJ: Oh hey! A backup running back from the Giants! Superstars!
- No idea why Florida fans would be cheering a Giants player
- Wow, this is really awful
- I can’t tell if Jacobs is reading a teleprompter or if he is just fixated by the red light on the camera
- I don’t even think Bully can make this work
- That’s it?
Segment 4: Match 2: Shiima Vs. Shelley
- AJ: Oh holy crap Zema Ion.
- AJ: Man, when did Alex Shelley get Parkinson’s?
- This is clearly going to be the best part of the show…how do I know this? Aries brought out popcorn to watch
- Popcorn and wine! Aries is a classy man
- How is Aries so charismatic just by watching a match?
- Shiima with the hair spray to the face!
- God if there was a real booker in TNA he’d make Shelley Vs. Shiima Vs. Aries two out of three falls triple threat
Segment 5: Garret segment,Madison segment
- God this guy is awful
- AJ: Honestly what the hell is this. Apparently Hogan had this talk with his own kids.
- I think was the last segment AJ watched, and I don’t blame him….this segment always makes me want to kill myself
- I freaking love Maddy, she’s phenomenal
- This was about Hogan, AJ: Gotta be honest. If you have a taped promo, you have EVERY chance to not sound terrible. Wow that was bad.
Segment 6: Match 3: Gail Vs. ODB, AJ segment
- Nice to see how illinformed Taz is on Chris Brown
- Why is Gail dressed like a softcore porn star?
- Well that was an awfully boring match
- Hey AJ…stop focusing on Daniels
Segment 7: Sorensten Update, Match 4: TV Championship match?? AJ Vs. Robbie E
- I hope Jesse can recover 100%
- TNA remembered they had this title?
- Wow,l AJ lost to Robbie…don’t care the cirucmstances, that’s jsut awful
Segment 8: Match 6: Jeff/Storm Vs. Bully/Anlge
- Man TNA needs to work harder I’m falling asleep through this
- Jacobs needs to go back to getting stopped by defensive lines
Segment 9: Match cont
- As thankful as I am to have Hardy out of the title scene for right now, this is awful
- Oh good another no contest in a TNA main event
- Oh….so its totally okay for a table to be brought in, Jacobs to chokeslam Bully, and no disqualification is called….fine then
- If anything I guess its a nice SportsCenter moment for them
Segment 10: Sting segment
- So this whole stupid segment is to show us that Sting puts his facepaint on the way Jeff dives into his coke? Got it.
- I hope this “pile of vomit” Sting is referring to is this show
- Didn’t Sting just wrestle Roode in a tag match in England?
Logic: 3 Russos of out 5
Wrestling: 3 Russos out of 5
Overall: 6 Russos out of 10